Dear South County community,
We at RICan are working hard to ensure our facility remains operational during this time of crisis and uncertainty. Please share this update with friends/family and those who would benefit. Please call us anytime – 401-364-9412, for clarity/assistance along with continuing to watch our social media and website for future updates. The following actions are effective immediately and will stay in effect until further notice:
- RICan Thrift Store will be closed until further notice
- While we greatly appreciate the support, we no longer will be accepting unsolicited, non-cash donations (thrift and/or food related)
- Our food pantry will remain operational as explained below
- In response to the move-up of school vacation, our Healthy Snack kid’s program will be distributed weekly
- Our food distribution schedule:
- Wednesday am: 9:30am – 11:30am
- Wednesday pm: 6:30pm – 7:30pm
- Thursday am: 9:30am – 11:30am
- Friday pm: 2:00pm – 3:00pm
RICan cares. We care about the well-being of our customers, our staff and our volunteers. We have strong process controls in place, a daily cleaning/sanitizing schedule and a friendly caring staff positioned to serve those relying on us during this time in need. We appreciate your patience while we work hard to navigate through these difficult times.
For further information regarding the Covid-19 virus….